Discreetly Straighten Your Teeth with Invisalign
If your teeth are crowded, uneven, protruding, or have shifted since you last wore braces, Invisalign could help you achieve the beautiful, straight smile you desire. Invisalign is an “invisible” alternative to traditional orthodontic treatments and discreetly aligns your teeth. Many patients prefer this method so they can feel more confident about their appearance throughout treatment. At Browne Goetz & Miraglia PC, you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest level of care. Dr. Ben Miraglia is a leading Invisalign provider and has been administering treatment at our Mount Kisco, NY, office for over 10 years.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Invisalign can be used to successfully treat many issues such as:
- Crooked teeth
Typically, you can be treated with Invisalign if you have all of your adult teeth, even if you have dental crowns or bridges. However, it is important to note that Invisalign is not the best solution for every patient. If you suffer from more severe malocclusion, traditional orthodontics may be recommended. We offer Invisalign treatment for both teens and adults.
In contrast, some patients with very minor misalignment may be able to conceal these imperfections with porcelain veneers or dental bonding. It is important to note that these options will not correct the issue, but instead, only create the appearance of a straight smile.
Many adult patients are apprehensive to undergo orthodontic treatment due to social stigmas associated with orthodontics. However, we firmly believe that treatment can begin at any age. In fact, almost 60 percent of our Invisalign patients are adults. If you have been hesitant to pursue a straighter smile, we highly encourage you to schedule a consultation and learn more about why we recommend Invisalign for adult patients.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign consists of clear aligners that are custom made to fit your bite. Prior to beginning treatment, Dr. Miraglia will create impressions which will be used to plan your treatment in phases. Each set of aligners is typically worn for about two weeks.
You will visit our office once every four to six weeks so Dr. Miraglia can monitor your progress and ensure your teeth are shifting into proper alignment. During these appointments, you will be provided with your next series of aligners.
Typically, Invisalign patients undergo treatment for about 12 to 18 months. This usually depends on the extent of malocclusion and your compliance with the treatment recommendations, which include wearing your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours each day.
After your treatment is complete, you will need to continue to wear your last set of aligners or a retainer to maintain your results. Following the post-treatment guidelines is essential to prevent your teeth from shifting out of place. In the months immediately following treatment, you should be particularly careful to follow these instructions.
Dr. Miraglia is a leading Invisalign provider and has been administering treatment for over 10 years.
The doctor will advise you on when and how long you should wear a retainer or aligners after your initial treatment. However, most patients are required to wear them every day for about six months. Then you can usually switch to wearing them only while sleeping.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign offers a number of distinct advantages over metal braces, including:
- Discreet Treatment
- If you consider your orthodontic treatment to be a private matter, or simply feel that metal braces do not fit with your self-image, a practically invisible form of orthodontic treatment might suit you. Simply put, Invisalign is one of the most discreet orthodontic treatments available.
- No Dietary Restrictions
- Some diet modifications are required in order to protect braces from breaking or brackets from coming loose. However, clear aligners are removed while you are eating so you can still enjoy the foods you love without the risk of damaging your appliances.
- Improved Oral Hygiene
- Patients with traditional braces often struggle to reach areas of the teeth and gums that are blocked by brackets and wires. With an orthodontic appliance that is removable, you will be able to maintain your regular oral hygiene routine and better protect your smile.
- More Convenient
- Many patients delay orthodontic treatment until after milestone events. However, Invisalign trays are removable, allowing you to feel confident during important occasions such as prom or a wedding.
- Greater Comfort
- The thin, smooth, and flexible material used to create your Invisalign trays is gentle on your lips and gums, preventing irritation and sores that are commonly caused by traditional brackets and wires.
- Protection against Teeth Grinding
- If you suffer from bruxism, or teeth grinding, clear aligners can function as a thin night guard that help protects your teeth against the harmful effects of this condition such as excessive wear.
Like all orthodontic treatments, Invisalign can transform your smile, enhancing your appearance and your self-confidence. For some patients, orthodontic treatment can also help improve the uncomfortable symptoms of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder such as headaches and tension.
Expert Invisalign Treatment
Dr. Miraglia is one of the top Invisalign practitioners in the country. He is a Preferred Provider and an Invisalign Faculty Member, which is an elite group of 21 dentists and orthodontists who are responsible for all of the Invisalign educational training programs throughout the country. Dr. Miraglia has published the outcome of several complex Invisalign cases, teaches internationally for Invisalign, and was awarded “Educator of the Year” for Invisalign in 2013.
While many dentists offer the option, receiving treatment from a Preferred Provider is highly recommended. Dr. Miraglia's years of additional training and treatment experience allow him to provide you with precise, efficient orthodontic care that yields the best possible results.
Is Invisalign Covered by Insurance?
In some cases, Invisalign is covered by insurance just as any other orthodontic treatment. You may be eligible for partial or even full coverage. If your provider does not offer Invisalign coverage, we may be able to break up your total treatment cost with a monthly payment plan.
Schedule Your Consultation
To learn more about Invisalign or to find out if you are a candidate, contact us online or call us at (914) 241-1191. Dr. Miraglia is dedicated to providing the finest Invisalign care and takes great pride in helping patients achieve a healthy, beautiful smile they can feel confident in.
If you have any questions for the Browne Goetz & Miraglia team, or would like a complimentary dental or orthodontic consultation, then please feel free to contact us.